Have you gotten in a rut with your hubby? You may look up one day and realize that you and your honey always do the same old thing…and it’s getting boring. But there’s no reason to let routine take over once you’ve become “old married folks”. Here are some cheap and easy date ideas to help you bust out of the routine.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience and I make a small commission if you make a purchase. However, there is never an increase in the price you pay. All commissions help keep this site up and running and allow me to continue providing content for you.
More cheap date ideas
- Go out for ice cream.
- Pick a book you’re both interested in and take turns reading to each other before you go to sleep.
- Go shopping for funky sunglasses.
- Roast marshmallows over a fire pit in your back yard.
- Buy a bucket of bubblegum and have a bubble blowing contest.
- Go to a drive-in for a soda. Turn the car radioon to a station that plays songs from your high school years. Keep tally of who can name the song an group. Bonus points if your know the lyrics.
- No pool in your yard? Buy a kiddie pool you can both fit in and play in the water together.
- Go to a nearby playground and play on the equipment.
- Go star-gazing
- Go for a bicycle ride together.
- Learn – and give – a good massage.
- See if your city offers any “concert in the park” activities.
- Go to a museum together. If art isn’t your thing talk about what you don’t like about particular pieces.
- Wash the car together.
- Go to a flea market.
- Take a class at a local community college.
- Learn to make balloon animals.
- Buy a book and learn to do magic tricks.
There are lots of ideas for cheap dates with your honey. Time spent together isn’t measured by the cost, but by the quality of that time and how much it adds to your relationship. A date that brings you closer together and strengthens your bond is the most meaningful date you can have.
One thing is certain, it’s important to continue dating your spouse and in fact, it’s one of the rules for a happy marriage. Besides, dating is what helped you realize that this was the person you wanted to be with. Why would you want to stop doing something so important to your relationship?
Continuing to date each other is one of the ways to guarantee that you’ll have a happy #marriage.
What other cheap date night ideas would you add to the list?
Dating resources to strengthen your marriage
The Dating Divas have lots of ideas for date nights. If sports are a passion you share then A Year of Sport-Themed dates may be just the ticket. If you both share the desire to travel you’ll enjoy their Around the World date kits.
There is no more important relationship than the one you share with your spouse. It’s the foundation for everything that goes on in your life and with your family. The investments you make your marriage pay dividends forever!