Christmas is a busy time and if you’re like lots of women, you probably spend all your time making sure that everyone else on your list gets the gifts they want. But what about you? Perhaps it’s time to put yourself on the list and be your own Santa.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
What “being Santa”means
Being your own Santa isn’t just about splurging and spoiling yourself (although that’s certainly fun). It’s about being good to yourself the way Santa is good to little kids.
Think about it for a minute. What does Santa mean to a little child?
I’m not denying there’s not the thrill of wondering what presents Santa will leave under the tree, because that’s certainly an aspect. But Santa means much more than just gifts.
You’ve watched children during the Christmas season. You’ve seen their sense of delight. You’ve watched them gaze at the Christmas tree in anticipation. You’ve noticed how their eyes light up with joy and happiness. And you’ve probably heard them ask questions with wonderment in their voice.
Who doesn’t want – and need – more of these things in their own life? I know I can certainly use all of the joy, happiness, anticipation, and wonderment that I can get.
I bet a little more wouldn’t hurt you either.
And even when we were little kids it wasn’t completely about the “stuff”.
There was also the recognition that we’d been on the “nice” list (or relief that we weren’t on the “naughty” list!). And while I don’t advocate making your happiness dependent on another person’s assessment of your worth, it IS good for you to recognize and celebrate your own.
Being your own Santa means that you’re going to be good to yourself – every day of the year. It means celebrating life and recognizing those special qualities that make you unique. And it means believing that you do belong on the “nice” list instead of waiting for external validation (that may never come).
So be your own Santa…be good to yourself. Take purposeful steps to experience wonder. Look for magic around you. Bring more joy into your life.
Because that’s what Santa really does. And you can do it for yourself – you’re already doing it for everyone else.
More holiday posts:
- The Cutest Christmas Pillow Covers For 2021Do you enjoy having your home look cute for the holidays but just don’t want to go to a ton …
- Be Good To Yourself…Be Your Own SantaChristmas is a busy time and if you’re like lots of women, you probably spend all your time making sure …
- 7 Holiday Expectations That Can Ruin The Season (and how to deal with them)Do you long for the perfect holiday? If so, you’re not alone. But setting unrealistic holiday expectations can set us …
- 9 Tips For A Stress Free HolidayA stress free holiday doesn’t just have to be a wish. Implementing these tips can turn your holiday wish into …
- 4 Strategies To Reduce Christmas StressIf you’re dreading the overwhelming tasks ahead of you this holiday season, have no fear. You can have the kind …
- It’s Christmas, I’m Tired, and I Don’t Want to Decorate! 9 Super Easy Decorating IdeasYou’ve turned the calendar page and realize that it’s that time of year….the holidays. The time of year when the …