A good breakfast casserole is a working mom’s secret weapon for getting the family out the door in the morning with a full tummy. This breakfast casserole with sausage and cilantro is a variation on another one I frequently serve. The addition of canned biscuits makes is super simple!
Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Cilantro Recipe
Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Cilantro
- 1 pound ground pork sausage (cooked and drained)
- 1 can refrigerator biscuits
- 6 medium eggs (beaten slightly)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 6 ounces Mexican blend chese (shredded)
- 1 cup milk
- Salsa for topping
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with PAM or other non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the canned biscuits into quarters and put in 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together. Pour over biscuits.
- Top with cooked sausage, chopped cilantro, and most of the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes till eggs are done.
- Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
One of the things I love about breakfast casseroles is that they’re great when you’re hosting guests. You prepare the dish the night before, cover with foil, and store in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, you can visit with your guests while breakfast cooks.
This casserole would also be good topped with sour cream, jalapeno peppers, or green chilis to complement the Mexican flavor of the cilantro. And if you don’t eat the whole pan – you’ve got leftovers for the next morning! That’s a huge benefit to breakfast casseroles in my book.
For more breakfast ideas be sure to check out 5 Easy Breakfasts To Get You Out the Door Sooner and 5 More Easy Breakfast Recipes. If you’re a muffin fan, check out these Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins over at my friend Sherry’s site.
If you’re a breakfast lover, please pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board and share it with your friends. Do you have a favorite breakfast that you serve frequently?