Follow my blog with Bloglovin
If you’re looking for a great dip to take to a Super Bowl party (or just for an anytime snack), this dip with cream cheese, chipotle, and cilantro is great for serving with veggies, chips, or crackers.
I’ve mentioned before that Jungle Jim is really the gourmet at our house. I swear the man can go into the kitchen, pull ingredients out of the refrigerator and cupboards, and work magic. I don’t know how he does it because he does not believe in recipes. He says that recipes are “for sissies”. Actually, what he really means is that recipes are for people like me who need a guide to follow and don’t have an innate sense of what should be paired together.
Personally, I think recipes are for smart people who like to be assured that what they’re making will turn out delicious.
Nevertheless, I’m glad that he is a whiz in the kitchen.
Cheese Dip with Chipotle and Cilantro
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 2 small limes (get juice and zest)
- 8 ounce Nuefchatel or regular cream cheese (softened)
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese (finely grated)
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Mix softened cream cheese with Miracle whip and blend together. Add grated Pepper Jack, onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest, and mix well. Add spices to mixture and stir to blend well.
Serve with veggie sticks, chips, or crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
This dip is even better after it’s had a chance for the flavors to mingle. We finished the leftovers a day after this recipe was made and it was more flavorful than the day before.
If you’re a dip lover you might also enjoy Seven Layer Taco Dip from my friend over at Marilyn’s Treats. If you’re looking for sweets, you can bake Five Flavor Pound Cake ahead of time, stick it in the freezer, and pull it out the day you want to serve it. You can never have too many snacks around when it’s time to have friends over.
Do you have a favorite recipe that you always make when you’re entertaining?
If you’d like this recipe, please share it to your favorite social media account using the buttons to the left. If you’d like to know when a new recipe or article is added to A Woman in Her PRIME be sure to subscribe to the newsletter. The subscription box is at the top in the menu bar.