The men at my house have always felt like it’s a sign of weakness to use a recipe (what do they know!). So the other night I got to experimenting. This recipe for Mexican Manicotti turned out to be a definite keeper – and so easy. In fact, it’s so easy, you really can’t mess it up – that’s my kind of recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Mexican Manicotti Recipe
- 1 box Manicotti noodles (uncooked)
- 1 pound hamburger meat (raw)
- 8 ounces Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 2 cans green enchilada sauce
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix together raw hamburger, shredded cheese (save some for topping), green chilis, and spices till thoroughly combined. Stuff meat mixture into manicotti shells.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and add manicotti shells. Combine Rotel and enchilada sauce. Pour over manicotti and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50-55 minutes till meat is done and shells are soft. Top with rest of shredded cheese.
This one even got rave reviews when I served it to guests! It’ll definitely be back on our table soon. If you like this recipe you might also enjoy Carry Along Casserole, Mexican Macaroni and Cheese, or Popeye’s Surprise: Pasta, Sausage, and Spinach Dinner. All of these dishes are easy and delicious. Better yet, none will bust your grocery budget either.
To find out what I’ve got to have in my kitchen to keep me a happy cook, take a look at 8 Must Have Kitchen Items. Without these items, my family would starve or eat way too much fast food!
If you like this recipe, please pin it to your favorite Pinterest board and be sure to share it with a friend. And if you’d like to keep up with the latest Friday recipe post, be sure to sign up for the weekly newsletter.
Please pin me!