As things get busier in the fall, recipes that get us in and out of the kitchen in a hurry are even more delicious. This hamburger and vegetable soup recipe is the first of five soups I’ll share during the month of September to help you get dinner on the table in a hurry.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Mom’s Easiest Hamburger Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 48 oz tomato juice or V-8
- 4 cans mixed vegetables (you could use frozen)
- 1 cup frozen corn (you could use canned)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Brown hamburger with chopped onions in skillet. Drain all fat.
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Can also be cooked on the stove.
That’s all there is to it. As I was preparing this soup together I thought about how easy it would be to throw it together, dump it in the crock pot, and head out the door to a child’s activities or for weekend errands. Then when you get home, dinner is waiting for you. I don’t know how anyone lives without their slow cooker!
The other soup recipes I’m going to share in this series will also be quick and easy. During the fall kids are busy which means that moms are even busier. We’ve still got to get everyone fed, but there’s nothing saying it has to take a lot of time to do it. My motto is “get in, get out, and get on with it.” After all, family life is busy!
If you like this easy recipe please share it with your friends and family on Facebook or pin it to your favorite Pinterest board.