Well, it’s been a week, hasn’t it? It’s become true that no news is good news because any time you actually turn on a newscast you’re met with the latest tragedy. I still find myself glued to the TV or internet because I want to know what’s going on at the same time that the information often makes me sick to my stomach.
Perhaps that’s why I like this particular feature so much. With all of the bad news and lunacy in the world, there are still pockets of inspiration, motivation, helpfulness, and laughter – we just have to look for them. So here are some of the things I ran across this past week that made my list of articles to share.
- Why National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month Affects You Too – Okay, perhaps this post won’t make you laugh, but it might give you the information you need to save your life. It’s also a month behind (according to “cancer calendars”) but I just found it so we’re overlooking its designated month.
- 7 Chic Ways to Turn Your Summer Clothes Into Fall Outfits – I don’t know what the temperatures are where you live, but even though the calendar says it’s fall, our thermometer still registers HOT! Cathy has a roundup post full of great tips if it’s still hot in your neck of the woods.
- Angel Bumps: Hello From Heaven is a reminder to cherish the time we have with our loved ones. It also makes you think about what happens after we leave this world. You’ll have to click over to read the rest – and then you’ll want to read a little more.
- How to Break Up With Toxic Friends might seem like an odd companion to Angel Bumps, but this whole blog is about bringing things into your life that give you joy. Sometimes your mental health requires you to cut ties to folks that don’t improve your life.
- An Update on Being Enough – I really like this post and can certainly relate to it! I think it’s a major milestone to finally get to the point where we truly accept ourselves and realize that “enough” is truly good enough.
- Time Management: How Your Personality Type Affects Your Productivity – I admit I’m a sucker for those personality tests even though I always come out the same way (INTJ). This post has a quiz you can take that’ll give you enough information to make you more curious.
- The Best Budgeting Tips That Really Work contains good common sense ideas that we all need to be reminded of every now and then.
- Vodka Sauce – I discovered a new food site not too long ago and everything this guy makes looks just great. And I’ll admit that I saw “vodka” and just knew this was one for me!
- Not-Too-Scary Halloween Movies – we’re huge movie buffs at our house and this list will give you some ideas to watch this month during family night. I don’t like the kind that are super gory and I hate having violence romanticized or normalized. These are just right.