Time is flying by! It dawned on me the other day just how close we’re getting to the holidays and to a new year. And for as long as I can remember, October starts the time of year when I really want to start planning for the coming year. However, between now and Jan 1, there are lots of things to do – homes to decorate, cooking to do, gifts to buy, and holidays to celebrate with family. And hopefully…maybe a little cooler weather (because I LOVE fall!).
I’m finding that this series is becoming one of my favorites. I love perusing other blogs and finding great ideas, recipes, and inspiration. Here is a sample of the cool things I found this past week.
- The recipes in Homemade Body Butter Recipes with Raw Honey sound delicious enough to eat. I bet they feel wonderful on your skin and with colder months ahead, a lot of us need all the help we can get.
- I have to admit that I haven’t paid much attention to my breathing – I’ve just taken it for granted and gone on my merry way. After reading The Amazing Benefits of Diaphragmataic Breathing and learning that it can help reduce stress and improve concentration (and other benefits), I think I’ll pay more attention.
- It seems to me that a lot of people are very quick to jump on the judgment train these days. Quick pronouncements of, “Well, I’d have….” or “She should have….” are easier to toss out than taking time to understand someone’s point of view. Why Did You Stay With A Cheater? shows that there are many factors that may influence someone’s decision in this particular situation. The bottom line on any situation is that there are usually sides, motivations, and factors which we have not thought about – maybe it would do us all good to judge a little less and try to understand a little more.
- 7 Limiting Beliefs That May Be Keeping You From Being The Person You Envision And Having The Life You Desire – the title says it all. Now go bust some beliefs!
- If Vincent Van Gogh Could See This just made me think about walking our own path, wrestling our own demons, and the legacy we leave behind. Everything Laurie writes makes me think which is probably why I enjoy reading her work so much.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese from Bev is a healthier take on my absolute favorite food in the entire world!
- I’m a big believer that the entry to your home can help or hinder your ability to help your family stay organized. 7 Ways to Maximize Your Entryway For Fall gives some great tips.
- 15 Best Ever Football Movies is a post that I could never write. Okay, don’t hate me, but I’m not a sports fan. However, I’ve seen most of the movies on this list and they are good. This is my nod to football season since you’re not likely to catch me watching a real game.