Halloween, if you participate in it , is right around the corner. For lots of folks, this is their favorite holiday. While I’ve got fond memories of trick-or-treating when I was a kid, I didn’t always love it once I had my own children. It usually meant that it would be harder to get the kids to bed that night and of course, there was always the issue of finding the perfect costume.
However, one thing I did like about Halloween was what my own mother called “the mommy tax.” If you’re not familiar, this is where mom (or dad) gets to pick something out of the candy loot as payment for taking the kids out. When I was a kid my mom always wanted the fist popcorn ball (a particular favorite of hers that she never made). Does anyone even make homemade goodies to hand out to kids these days? I’d love to know.
On with the sharing….
- I thought Top 3 Tips to Help Your Teen Love ALL Their Physical Traits had good tips. If you’ve got kids you certainly want to help them learn to accept and appreciate their physicality. Frankly, most of the rest of us could use a little help here too.
Stress Relief: How Flowers Can Help Calm You, Elevate Your Mood and Make You a Happier Person verified what I’ve felt for years! I grew up with a mom who was a florist and have always loved flowers – now I’ve got scientific proof why I need them more often – Yippee!
- Teaching My Son to Drive (and Barely Surviving) brought back memories of teaching my own kids to drive. Would I have been as afraid if I’d been teaching someone else to drive?
- Okay, it might not be nice of me to admit it, but I’ve often wondered what happened to polite society. A World of Jerks describes some typical behaviors that people engage in and it describes my absolute worst pet peeve in the world which relates to traffic. You might find that Thirsty Daddy has pinpointed a few things that annoy you too.
- The title of How To Not Let Your Big But Get In The Way caught my attention because….well, there’s no reason to go there. Let’s just admit that it’s a catchy title. Once you get past the title, however, you’ll find a lot of truth behind the reasons why we frequently don’t go after what we really want in life and chase those dreams.
- How I Dress My House for Autumn has some lovely photos that will give you ideas for your own home. The bonus is that this type of decor will take you all the way through Thanksgiving.
- We love Mexican food at our house and Mexican Tomato Pie is packed with delicious flavors. Can’t wait to try this one.
- Music used to be my favorite way to escape. Now I find myself drawn to podcasts because I enjoy learning something while I take a break from reality. Podcasts That Keep Me Sane reveals that apparently I’m not the only one.
- More Weird Things I Saw at Work just made me laugh. Frankly, these days I can use more things to laugh at.