Some of us carry our lives around in our purses. This can be a lifesaver at times when you need something in a hurry. But if you’ve never been taught how to organize a purse then your bag can turn into one big jumbled mess with lots of stuff…that you can’t find.
See if this sounds familiar…
- You’re in the store and frantically fishing around for your wallet – where IS that darn thing?
- Or you can hear your cell phone ringing and you’re trying to dig it out of your purse so that you can silence it – or answer it – but once again you can’t quite get your hands on it.
- You’re embarrassed and wonder how on earth your purse turns into such a black hole where things disappear.
What you really need is a tool to help you organize a purse once and for all!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Hi, I’m Shelley and I’ve got a purse addiction. Or perhaps it’s more accurate to say that I’m addicted to having anything I might need when I might need it. I hate to be caught off-guard and unprepared. Heaven help me I break a nail and don’t have an emery board with me!
I’ve spent most of my life schlepping around way too much stuff that I – or someone in my family – might need. Now the upside to this is that I am always prepared! Hubby needs a tissue….I’ve got it. Kids needed a hand wipe…I had it. A friend needs an aspirin…no problem.
The downside is that it means I’ve always carried a lot of stuff around with me.
Now this might not be a problem except for one little thing….I like to change purses.
See how I organize a purse
It’s possible to organize a purse…even if you love to switch
I’m not one who wants to carry the same purse around all year. I like switching my purse out depending on my mood, my outfit, or just perhaps because the wind is blowing.
What I don’t like is discovering that I left something important in the other purse.
If you like to switch purses then you know exactly what I mean. In your haste to get out the door you accidentally left something in the purse you carried yesterday. Now that you need that particular item, you don’t have it.
Total bummer that borders on major catastrophe depending on what you’ve left behind.
This used to be a major problem for me until I discovered the handiest little purse insert that helps me organize a purse (thanks, Mom!).
Now, instead of putting items in my purse individually, I put the organizing insert in my purse and then select where I want my purse items to go. I want my cell phone in a pocket close to the zipper closure – no problem. I want to be able to carry an extra battery charger or have a place to keep my Kindle (since I hate to be bored), there’s a pocket for those.
Benefits of an insertable purse organizer insert
There are two things I love about an organizing insert:
- things stay where I put them, and
- it’s easy to pull the whole thing out and drop it in the next purse (and nothing gets left behind).
- This aqua organizer is comes in several sizes and colors and is a sturdy felt. It does not have handles to help you lift it in and out of purses, but it is also not going to be one that flops over if you don’t have something inside of it. This is especially nice if you’re using it inside a less sturdy purse or tote bag.
- This pink purse organizer is one of my favorites because of the variety of color choices. It may just be a personal preference, but I find it easier to locate items when I’ve got a brighter colored organizer inside the purse. There is something about a purse that’s lined with black or another dark color that just makes things disappear. If you’ve ever hunted around looking for your sleek dark colored wallet against the dark lining then you know just what I’m talking about. The bright color makes items stand out which makes them easier to find
The handles on this handbag organizer make it easy to lift out of bags for easy transfer to another one (they don’t show in this particular photo).
I just love my insertable purse organizer (which is shown in the main photo/pin – and I purposely chose a dark colored purse so you could see how much easier a bright colored insert makes it to find things). I can switch purses in a flash, I don’t forget the essentials, and most importantly, I can actually find things in my purse without having to turn it upside and dump out the contents. Yes, as much as I hate to admit it I’ve actually had to do that in the past. A messy and disorganized purse is just one frenzy I don’t need in my life!
Related Post: The Best Jewelry Storage Ideas
For more tips, tricks, and techniques to make life at home easier just click below to join the email list.