Whether your mom is as close as the next room or far away, it’s never too soon to start thinking about ways to express your love for her that won’t drain your wallet. Here are some inexpensive Mother’s Day gifts that she’ll love!
Tried and true gifts moms love
Some gifts never go out of style.
- dinner out
- breakfast in bed
But there are other ways that don’t cost a fortune that Mom will appreciate as well as the old standard gifts (not that she doesn’t love those!).
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Inexpensive Gift Ideas For Mom
Moms generally have lots of special handmade drawings and paintings their kids have made. The problem comes with how to display them lovingly and keep them in good condition.
She’s probably also got lots of great shots of her kids. A pretty frame is always appropriate.
- This frame is perfect for displaying the artwork that kids create. You open the front and switch to the latest masterpiece. It’s a great way to keep kid’s artwork displayed and off the refrigerator.
- Mom’s also love photos of their darlings. There are a variety of cute “mom” frames, but I like this one because it nicely says what the kids feel but aren’t able to articulate.
One mom can always enjoy is a spa date…even if that spa is her own bathroom getaway. A long leisurely soak in a hot tub can be a heavenly respite at the end of a long day. Bring her her favorite beverage make her day even better.
- A comfortable bath pillow is a necessity for long soaks.
- This adjustable bathtub tray holds everything she’ll need to let her cares soak away.
This gift coupon book lets you give mom IOU’s for some special treats she’ll enjoy. Some of the coupons are already filled out for you but you get to choose additional ideas to add.
Free and coveted gifts all moms will enjoy
- An acrostic poem spelling out the name(s) of her kids.
- Do a chore that she often doesn’t have time to do herself – perhaps washing and cleaning out her car would do the trick. Don’t forget to put in a new air freshener. You’ll score even more points if you round up some loose change to put in the console for emergencies.
- A recording of the children singing (as the kids get older this will be even more precious to her).
- A video or sound recording of family members talking about some of their favorite family memories
- Create a play list for her music device. If she doesn’t have a music device, this might be the time to get her one and give it to her with some of her favorite music already loaded on to it.
- Create a Top 10 list of why she’s the best mom ever!
- Write or record a letter telling how much she means to you. There isn’t a mom around who won’t love and treasure this one!
- Don’t forget there are lots of other ways to pamper mom.
Mother’s Day doesn’t have to mean an expensive elaborate gift. The best gifts are those that show we are loved and that come from the heart. A little planning, time, and attention to what will make the special mom in your mom feel loved is all it takes.
It’s also important to show Dad some love on his special day.